Sunday, June 8, 2008

Om Namah Shivaya - Shiv Mantra Dhun







The great chant of Aum Nanah Shivaya, the Shiva Mantra from Shri Yogi Hari along with Shiv Manas Puja. Listening to the dhun of this chants has amazing effect mind, body and heart. The heart of the Shiva devotee will get filled with devotion.

Below is the lyrics of Shiv Manas Puja or words or script with meaning in English

Shri shankaracharya virachita shiva manasa pooja

Rathnai Kalpitham asanam, Himajalai snanam cha divyambaram,
Naana rathna vibhooshitham mruga madha modhanvitham Chandanam,
Jathi champaka bilwa pathra rachitham, pushpam cha deepam Thada,
Deepam deva dayanithe pasupathe, hrud kalpyatham gruhyatham.


I offer you an imaginary throne made of precious jewels,
I offer you bath in the water of melted snow from the Himalayas,
I offer you holy silken cloth to wear,
I adorn you with very many precious jewels,
I offer you musk and sandal,
I offer you Bilwa and Champaka flowers,
And I offer you the holy lamp,
But all these I offer in the portal of my mind,
Please God who is merciful and who is the Lord of all beings,
Accept my offerings and bless me.



Souvarne nava rathna Ganda Rachithe, pathre Grutham Payasam,
Bakshyam pancha vidam Payo dadhiyutham, rambha phalam panakam,
Saaka namayutham jalam ruchikaram, karpoora gandojwalam,
Thamboolam manasa maya virachitham Bhakthyo prabho sweekuru

I offer you Ghee and the sweet payasam in golden vessel ,
Decorated with nine type of precious gems,
I offer you five different dishes made of curd and milk,
I offer you panakam made of sweet fruits,
I offer you tasty sweet scented water to drink,
I offer you the lamp made of camphor along with tinkling bells,
And I offer you betel leaf and nut,
But these are offered by my mind with utter devotion to you,
So Lord Kindly accept and bless.

Chathram Chamarayoryugam vyajanagam, chaa darshakam nirmalam,
Veena bheri mrudanga kahala kala geetha nruthyam thada,
Sasthangam pranthi sthuthir bahu vidha, hyethat samastham maya,
Sankalpena samapitham thava vibho , poojam gruhana prabho.

I offer you a pretty stage,
I offer you couple of decorative fans,
I also offer you shining mirror,
I offer you Veena, kettledrums, Mrudanga and a very big drum,
I offer you song and dance,
I offer you full prostration,
I offer you several types of prayers,
But all these I offer you my Lord, in my mind
So Lord kindly accept this my worship.

Aathma thwam Girija Mathi sahacharaa, prana sarreram gruham,
Pooja theey vishayopa bhoga rachana, nidhra samadhi sthithi,
Sanchara padayo pradakshina vidhi, , sthothrani sarva giraa,
Yadyath karma karomi thathad akhilam, shambho thavaradhanam.

My soul is your temple my lord,
My activities are thine attendants,
My body is thine home,
My acts to please my senses are thine worship,
My act of sleep is the deep meditation on thee,
All my walks with my feet are thine perambulations,
What ever falls from my mouth are thine prayers,
Oh Lord, everything I say and do are thine forms of worship.

Kara charana krutham vaak kayajam karmajam vaa,
Sravana nayanajam vaa maanasam vaa aparadham,
Vihithamavihitham vaa sarva methath Kshamaswa,
Jaya Jaya katunabdhe sri Mahadeva Shambho.

Please pardon Oh lord
All those acts committed by me,
By hands, by action, by body or
By hearing, by my sight, or by my mind,
Whether they are proper or improper..
Victory oh victory, Oh, ocean of mercy,
Oh, The greatest of Gods and Oh benevolent one.


More Lord Shiva songs

Some comments form you tube on this video to tell you more.

There is a place in Mauritius which has the largest statue of shiva in the Indian Ocean. I think that the statue in Mauritius is bigger than the one shown here.

Glory to Lord Shiva ! Today is Maha Shivratree day ! I am just having a special thought for him.

OM NAMAH SHIVAYA! I have this CD. I love Yogi Hari. JAI JAI YOGI HARI! I will meet you soon @ your ahram in Florida!

OM GURUJI SIVANANDA!

har har mahadev


om nama sivaya baba


om sai ram baba

very well sung with some good pictures

mesmerising! just wondering if any one knows which place is this in india with such a glorious shiva statue

Ecstasic. Stand up oh Jiva , Close your outer eyes and open the inner ones and dance with Innocent (Bhola Lord Shiva). Om namah Shiva

In Origin, Now, In The End Only Shiva
Shiva is me I is Shiva

So so so beautiful! Thank You so much!
I really enjoy it

Om Namah Shivaya means: "Aum! To Siva I bow."
Definition: This is one of the chief mantras used by a all Hindus. It has different form according to the qualification of the worshipers. The number 3 is the number of the cosmos. The number 5 is the number of life. the 5 letters of the mantra represent the symbol of the 5fold aspects of all the forms of life, beginning with 5 elements.
Purpose: Spiritual realization as well as worldly achievements and warding of danger and fear.
108 reps 3xday

From what I understand, this is a very masculine mantra, to increase one's inner strength when faced with challenges..... Where did you read about what you wrote?

Wow! This was great! It really touched my soul and mind! Awesome! I feel blessed to have seen and heard this.

Wow.. I really feel this one in my heart. SO deep you know. I found this sound that brings you to a strangely deep meditative state within like 5-6 minutes

It is a Soaring Timeless Salutation to Lord Shiva, and sometimes a healing mantra that functions to integrate the chakras 6-1 of the body with the mantra Om/ Na/ Mah / Shi / Va/ Ya

Om Namah Shivaya... is there any translation for this?

Good things is fine. But the whole point of this prayer to Lord Shiva is to destroy the ego in all of us. Once our ego is destroyed then the prayer to Lord Shiva takes a different tune altogether.

hail the omnipotent one, Lord Shiva

Rendered so beautifully. Thanks

So beautiful and so soothing, peaceful goes through your body and mind.
Thanks

This is so beautiful. It makes me cry in joy. Thank you so much.

Thank you for posting such a wonderful composition of the great Adi Sankara.Powerful rendering by sri Yogi Hari.Really takes one to mount Kailash abode of Lord Shiva.

related posts

More Lord Shiva Bhajans, Strotrams, Aratis, Chants

Kailash Mansarovar Yatra collection selected Video clips
Lord Shiva Bhajans
Shiva Sahasranama Mantra - Om Namah Shivaya
Shiva Arati

No comments:

Post a Comment